Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving


I love Thanksgiving – It’s my favorite holiday. 

We certainly have a lot to be thankful for, and there are no gifts to deal with. 

Thanksgiving Day is a day to relax a bit and reflect a bit and spend some real quality time with your family.  It's a great time to think about what happened in your life since last Thanksgiving.  When you consider that, it’s not only amazing how quickly time goes, but also the many things that ‘happened’.  Things got done, new experiences occurred, different parts of the world were explored, special moments happened…a lot of things ‘happened’ since last Thanksgiving. 

These are what we should reflect on tomorrow; and be thankful for those experiences.  Hopefully, many of the things that happened were positive, but we learn from the negative things as well.  Also, be thankful for the day, the specific moment in time. Things move fast, but the simple moment in time, the present, is what we have at any point in time.   

The trick can be putting the present, the single days, together to accomplish big things and overall purpose – whatever those are for you. 

Me for Thanksgiving?  I’ll get my Thanksgiving Day trail run in with some of my friends.  I'll spend some time thinking about what things 'happened' since last Thanksgiving.  I'll spend the rest of the day with my family and being thankful.  The earlier workout will give me the green-light to eat a little more – perfect.   I love Thanksgiving dinner.

Enjoy the day tomorrow, and I hope we catch up soon.
/jon